- There are still language barriers, films are mostly only in this European country distributed, where it was produced. German films are only successful in Germany, French movies are only successful in France, and so on …
- The culture and film tradition, subsidy systems, and production terms are very different in Europe, the only thing which Europe has in common is the hostility against Hollywood.
- Hollywood is the dominant power on the film market.
- There is an uneven transfer from talents from Europe to Hollywood.
- There is too much focusing on Western European Cinema and excluding Eastern European Cinema.
- European Cinema dependents strongly on subsidies.
- European Cinema does not have have a strong European perspective (films are mostly about national matters).
- European Cinema is still struggles if films should be considered as cultural goods or competitive commodities.
https://www.derfabian.at/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/derFabian-new.png 0 0 Fabian Greiler https://www.derfabian.at/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/derFabian-new.png Fabian Greiler2010-10-11 13:32:012016-12-11 13:34:54What are the problems of European Cinema?